pillow talk

We were concerned when we got there and found the hotel was under renovation, but the upside was that our room was NEWLY redecorated and the decor and amenities were far superior to any hotel in this price range. The room was small, but having traveled in Europe we weren't shocked. The staff originally gave us an interior room for the quiet but we asked to moved to one right on Powell street. While it was noisy, it was a real thrill to be right in the heart of San Francisco. The location of this hotel, the quality of the decor and helpfulness of the staff makes it the bargain of the century in my opinion. We probably won't be able to afford it when it is completely renovated, but I think that it was a good move. You can't beat the locale and the hometown purity of the whole experience. The bed was incredibly comfortable! We will always have great memories of our stay and will highly recommend your hotel! Thank you all!-Dawn and Dean November, 20074 of us came to San Francisco to do Christmas shopping and had no idea whereto stay near Union Square. Searching the internet got us to the Hotel UnionSquare. What a wonderful "slipper" of a hotel. The entrance slips by youon the sidewalk if you are not really looking. The amenities are allupdated but the architecture is so very, perfectly "San Francisco". We hadtwo rooms over Powell street and loved hearing the "sounds of the city"below us. We were so very impressed with the cleanliness and thecomfortable beds and pillows. We were 2 blocks from Union Square and twoblocks from the new Westfields mall. We loved it and will surely returnnext year. - the "Shopping Santas"
October, 2007I just wanted to say "Thank You" When I have friends who arecoming to the city I always tell them to stay at The Hotel Union Square. Theytell me how wonderful it is and such a great location. My best friend and Ialways do our shop till you drop for Xmas and stay with you every year. Again Thanks for such wonderful service and making me look good when I suggest people stay there!!!- Judith
July, 2007This was my second stay at your lovely hotel and I enjoyed myself on both stays. The parking is so easy and I love being in the heart of things. Your staff is always friendly and helpful and I love all the goodies in the room. In short, there is nothing I do NOT like about this hotel and hope to stay many times again. - BarbaraApril, 2007I chose this hotel because of the price. It seemed reasonably priced and the pictures didn't look bad. I read some online reviews and they all said the same thing...great staff, bad neighborhood. I couldn't agree more. The customer service from beginning to end was excellent. Even after I checked out, I returned to the hotel because I forgot something and the front desk was happy to let me back into the room to look for my item. It wasn't in the greatest neighborhood, but I still felt safe, it wasn't far from the "better part's" and it seemed that every time we were being bothered someone on the hotel staff was nearby to "save" us and did so just in time! All we really needed was a place to sleep after a night out on the town. This place did the job and i would stay again. I would recommend to others, but i would warn them of the neighborhood.-Amy April, 2007My stay at the Hotel Union Square was quite enjoyable. Friendly staff, great location, and the price was right. Would definately come back. - Wayne from Boulder, ColoradoApril, 2007My stay was just what I have come to expect from the Hotel Union Square. Comfortable, reasonably priced, hospitable. I had a room away from the street, and it was quiet and restful. Thanks. - ThomasApril, 2007I recently stayed at the Hotel Union Square. I really enjoyed the hotel, with its great ambience and particularly liked the wine tasting and free access to the business centre. We stayed in room 414, and my wife thinks she left a brown shoe behind. Is there any possibility you could check for me to see if it is there? [Hotel Union Square returned the shoe via FEDEX]Appreciate your help. Best regards,GrahamApril, 2007We had a wonderful time in your hotel. Your staff was incredible and had terrific recommendations for food for us.Thank you for making our vacation so much fun! - The Spivek FamilyMarch, 2007For my wife & I on our first trip to San Francisco, we couldn't have picked a better choice than Hotel Union Square! Front desk was extremely accommodating, room was clean with proper stocking of essentials, and location was prime. Thanks for helping us celebrate a great 25th wedding anniversary!!! ChrisMarch, 2007I would like to commend the staff at the Union Square Hotel, they made me feel comfortable and welcome to San Francisco. That was my first time in California and I had a wonderful experience, in which your team played a part. Steve, the Concierge, was very professional and helped me find my way around San Francisco as well as try to get me tickets to Alcatraz. Kader at the front desk was extremely polite and answered all my questions that I had during my stay. Thank you,GeneMarch, 2007The hotel was one of the coolest places I've ever stayed. Everyone was great and the decor made me feel as though I was in some film noir. I will definitely stay at the Hotel Union Square next time I'm in San Francisco.